Monday 28 January 2019

Good vibrations earthquake experiment

We did maths first this this morning and then I went off to do my volunteer work for an hour and Mike and James played War Hammer, Orcs v Dwarfs.

After lunch James and I went for our daily walk and then when we got back we started on an Earthquake experiment.

We needed a brownie, thankfully we had made some earlier





We also needed cocktail sticks and and Jelly Tots (I could NOT find a packet of jelly tots anywhere in my area, so I phoned my local sweet shop Candimama and found that she had a similar sweet to jelly tots 


Then James built this




We tested the  tower on it’s own and then in the jelly and brownie by counting the number of shakes needed to make it fall over and recorded our observations.

We finished off the afternoon by watching a documentary on earthquakes, which included information on the Mega Quake strike zone and subduction earthquakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

History

Colonising America and India The Lost Colony of Roanoke Island Jamestown Pilgrims The East India Company Making Money ...